I figured the subject line would attract at least minimal attention J The story of Moses and Joshua is one of my favorite narratives in the Old Testament. Transitions are a part of life, which is why I love the simplicity of the text in Joshua 1:2, “Mosesmy servant is dead. Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land that I am giving to them, to the people of Israel.” This was a monumental moment in time for Israel, yet it is communicated in a matter of fact fashion. Perhaps this is because it is so much NOT about the man and his position in the narrative but about God as the MAIN Character (God refers to Himself by way of personal pronoun no less than eight times in verses 2-9)!
I am excited to announce that Nathan Wells will soon become the new Action Cambodia Field Director. As you know our team has a unique history, in that our core members launched together from the same Church (West Hills Community Church) in 2003. How great to see Nathan grow up, serve on the mission field, be sent from more training at The Master’s Seminary, meet Christiana, get married and begin a family of their own! He has demonstrated faithfulness and a unique gift mix that will most certainly benefit our team and the Body of Christ here in Cambodia. Please pray for Nathan and his family as they prepare for this next season of ministry. I anticipate that the ACTION International Council will affirm his appointment in May. I’m not dead and no one is going to conquer Jordan but I do believe this is great for the Kingdom!
As Nathan takes on his new role I will give more of my time, energy and resources as Southeast Asia Regional Coordinator for ACTION. Already this year my schedule has taken me to Manila, Thailand, and Indonesia. We have a great team of folks working in SEA already and my prayer is that He would raise up many more willing to take the Gospel into the dark places in this part of the world. Did you know that 90% of the poorest of the poor live here and a similar percentage of the unreached peoples are within a few hours flight? More than ever we need your faithful prayers and support! Here are a few requests to keep before the Lord:
- Pray for the health of our team…it seems like someone has been sick for months now!
- Pray as we look for strategic opportunities to expand Gospel opportunities in Southeast Asia!
- Pray for Shalom International School. It has been operational for three months now and has 150 students. There are many needs and opportunities for the Gospel!
- Pray for the expanding ministry of Shalom, specifically for the Shepherd/Pastors who faithfully labor in remote places.
- Pray for BJ, Andrea and their family as they wait for official paperwork which will allow Boaz and Judah to travel; we are pray specifically for a much needed home assignment in 2014.
- Pray for our kids and Jodi as they finish up this academic year. Hard to believe that we’ll have two high school students (Mikaela and Kamryn), a middle school student (CJ) and just one in elementary (Andrew) next year!
- Pray for the upcoming ACTION International Council May 4-7 in Seattle, WA which Daren and Nathan will participate in; please keep our families in your prayers as we travel.
Blessings my friends, pray you know encouraged by all that God is doing on your side of the planet (Hebrews 13:20-21)!
In His Bonds,