Help Us Publish The Jesus Storybook Bible in Khmer

Categories: Updates from the Wells Family

We have an exciting new project! A church in Eugene, Oregon took on the goal of translating The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones into the Khmer language. After doing the first draft of the translation, they reached out to us to see if we would be willing to edit and lay the book out for printing. We, of course, agreed whole-heartedly! Ever since reading The Jesus Storybook Bible to my own kids, I’ve often thought about possibly translating it into Khmer so that Cambodian children could benefit from its rich theological truth and beautiful illustrations, but the costs of translating and printing such a book are quite astronomical and so we never pursued it – until being approached by this church who had taken it upon themselves to raise the bulk of the money needed for the project!

So where do you come in? Well, while money has been raised to print about 2,000 copies of the book, we would like to see more printed. We also have some additional overhead costs because of adding this “unplanned” project. Would you pray about supporting this project? Our overhead one-time cost for editing and layout is $3,000 and each book costs about $5.00 to print–even sponsoring one additional book would be a huge blessing to a child in Cambodia! As I have been completing the final draft of the book with our translation team, I have been brought to tears multiple times at the beauty of seeing these wonderful stories in the Khmer language. We are praying the Lord would use this book to bring many children and even parents, to faith in Jesus, and deepen the faith of those who already believe.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support as we seek to provide God-glorifying resources to the Cambodian people.

Donate Now

(On the donation page please specify in the “Comments About This Donation” field whether you would like to donate towards printing books or covering our overhead costs)

Author: Nathan and Christiana Wells

Nathan and Christiana moved to Cambodia in January 2010. They are working in discipleship, resource development and training. Nathan is a graduate of the Master's Seminary. They have three children, Ava, Paton and John. You can give to their ministry by clicking here.

15 Responses to "Help Us Publish The Jesus Storybook Bible in Khmer"

1. Samoeun Intal Posted on March 28, 2018 at 9:55 am

Thanks God for your ministry, happy to see the Good News reach to the children and their families.

• admin Posted on March 28, 2018 at 10:58 am

It is a blessing to serve our Lord together!

2. livelovedparenting Posted on March 29, 2018 at 9:11 pm

This is amazing! I have the English version for my son and we love it! I would LOVE to have it to use in ministry as well!

Would the book also be produced for purchase by other missionaries?
    Can you keep us updated on how the fund-raising is going?

• admin Posted on March 29, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Yes, we are very excited as well!
      Some of the books will be given out free (depending on how much money we raise), and yes, others will be available for purchase to cover printing costs.
      We will keep you updated.
      Blessings!

3. Erin Posted on March 30, 2018 at 12:30 am

Yes yes yes!!! We work in Cambodia supporting educational efforts and this resource would be invaluable in so many ways! Not only is it a perfect way to understand Jesus, but since Cambodians are oral learners, these are stories they can learn and repeat! So excited! We will be sharing and our organization, Mission 25, will be donating!

• admin Posted on March 30, 2018 at 3:50 am

Thanks so much Erin!

4. Carly Posted on March 30, 2018 at 10:19 am

I took over a copy of this incredible book for each early childhood classroom at the Asian Hope schools. I am so glad to see that they will now be available in Khmer. Please let me know when the translated version is available for purchase. God bless!

• admin Posted on March 30, 2018 at 12:44 pm

We will Carly – thanks!

5. Pamela Sephton Posted on March 30, 2018 at 3:18 pm

I don’t seem to be able to donate from Cambodia…Am I doing something wrong?

• admin Posted on March 30, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Sorry you are having trouble Pamela,
      I will check with our administrator and see if the problem can be resolved. I hadn’t heard that they had limited donations based on location, but I will check. Thank you for your desire to help!
      Blessings!

• admin Posted on April 2, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Hello Again Pamela,
      Just following up – we’ve had confirmations that others have been able to donate from Cambodia, so I can only suggest using a different browser, or ensuring your credit card company didn’t deny the charge. Blessings!

6. Pamela Sephton Posted on April 3, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Thanks but the drop down menu for ‘country’ doesn’t have Cambodia listed.

• admin Posted on April 4, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Ah, right. The company that handles our online donations only accepts credit cards issued in the countries they list. But I will email you some other options that might work. Blessings!

7. Annalisa S Posted on April 4, 2018 at 3:36 am

Our children’s ministry is considering this project as a possibility for our annual VBS fundraiser. We love the Jesus Storybook Bible and would love for as many children as possible to have it! Do you have any idea whether this fundraiser will still be open to contribute to by early July, or is it for a more limited time? (I used to work at Logos in Phnom Penh, so I’d love to connect children at my church to this project for Cambodia.)

• admin Posted on April 4, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Hello Annalisa – what a great idea! We hope to have the book printed before July, but I’ll email you with some ideas of how we can make this work. Blessings!