We hope that this finds you doing well. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers. I just wanted to remind you that you are truly working along side of us here in Cambodia. Thanks for your faithful prayers and sacrificial support. Your help has meant so much!
I am writing to give you a quick update of what is happening.
* Nathan Wells and I were blessed to have had the opportunity to serve on the Action Tsunami Assessment Team in India and Sri Lanka with a few other Action missionaries. Our trip was overwhelming, to see first hand the devastating power of the ocean, but I was reminded of the power of God over creation. Even though we witnessed the aftermath, the damage was still incomprehensible and it will forever be embedded in our minds.
You can view the reports here (in Adobe .pdf format) :
ACTION Tsunami Relief: India Report
ACTION Tsunami Relief: Sri Lanka Report
(sorry for such big files)
Since the tsunami, God has been moving in both India and Sri Lanka. The men who we partnered with in India are still serving the victims and have seen many people seeking and asking about the Lord Jesus Christ. Please continue to pray for the salvation of those who were left behind and for the ones who are still ministering.
* Tabitha, who is the oldest of the children living with us, is getting married on May 7th. Please pray that she and her fiancée will start their marriage by making the Word of God the center and the focus of their new family life with Christ.
* Praise God for the health of our children. Because they all came from poor families the kids rarely ate more than once a day. Now they all eat 3 meals a day and both Ponleu and Borei have gained over 28 pounds and have grown at least 2-4 inches since they moved in.
* All the kids are doing well in school. Borei is being home schooled while Ponleu and Tola attend an international Christian school. Please pray that God will raise up these children to be the next godly leaders of Cambodia. Also pray for Andrea and I as we teach them the doctrines of the Bible and help them with their school work (from English to Khmer).
* In the providence of God, our landlord told us she was selling our home, so we were forced to move quite suddenly. So in the last few weeks we have been looking and packing. Although, it was a pain to move, our new house will allow us to open our home to more orphans and short-term teams when they visit. So we are once again reminded that God works all things together for good to those who love Him.
* In partnership with Shalom Church, we are helping them put on the finishing touches on a translation project that Pastor Chhinho Sang started a few years back. Please pray for Shalom Church and Pastor Chhinho as he pastors a new and growing church. Pray also that the church will have a desire to see God glorified in their lives.
* Keep us in prayer as we are involved with our mission’s annual International Committee meetings. This year it’s in Calgary Canada on March 5-12. In order to take advantage of this trip we will be visiting WHCC the weekend of Feb 25-27, and attending a church conference with Pastor Mike and the elders of WHCC in Los Angeles before heading to Calgary with Daren Beck our team leader.
* Andrea will be staying in both Morgan Hill and Los Angeles during the duration of my meetings with Action. While we are gone the kids will be staying with missionary friends during the weekdays and on the weekends they will be staying with Beck’s. Please pray for the kids while we are away for the next 2 weeks.
Again thanks for partnering with us so that we can see His glory amongst the people of Cambodia.
You’re truly a blessing! May God multiply the goodness you have sown.
Blessings on you!
To God be the glory,
Bj and Andrea Lopez