Just a few days ago I was looking through our past newsletters and came across September 2002. In that newsletter we were celebrating Mikaela starting Kindergarten. At the time we were preparing to leave for Cambodia. Here we are approaching September 2005 and we are again celebrating,
except now it is Kamryn who will enter the Big K! Praise God for His faithfulness and your prayers these past three years. I know that you are busy with the approaching fall season, but we wanted to share a few things with you regarding the ministry amongst the Khmer.
* We’re thankful for the provision of a new home for our family that is right next door to our teammates BJ and Andrea Lopez! I really believe that it was easier moving from the States…we’re still trying to find things J
* Our entire team was blessed by a recent field visit from our International Director and his wife. It was an encouragement to have Doug and Margaret Nichols (www.dougnichols.org) with us for a short time. They are godly examples of folks who have been used in a powerful way by the Lord.
* The team also enjoyed some time together in Thailand. It is great to have teammates (www.actioncambodia.org) with whom you enjoy sharing the ministry!
* Please pray for Pastor Chhinho and his family. His father in law was recently murdered in what seems to be a senseless robbery. Even more disturbing is the fact that the police seem to know the perpetrators but have indicated that they are protected by ‘powerful’ people. Pray for Keo, his wife, and their family as they work through the grieving process. Pray that God would protect their hearts and minds.
* Pray for a young girl named Vicheka. She suffers from the crippling affect of childhood polio. She does not have parents and her primary care giver was killed in an accident a few months ago (I wrote about that accident previously). Pastor Chhinho and Keo have taken her into their home. She underwent surgery yesterday to alleviate some of the affects of her illness….pray with us for her!
* Pray for another young girl named Mao Kimsua. A generous donor in the States has provided funding that will allow this young girl to have heart surgery. Praise God for the provision! Pray that God would guide the surgeon’s hands and that through this God would draw her to Himself.
* Pray for Shalom Church in Cambodia. Specifically for the youth leadership retreat that our team will be participating in Aug 22-24.
* Pray for our kids as they begin school this coming Monday at Logos International School (www.logoscambodia.org).
* We are very much looking forward to RoseMarie MacMillan rejoining our team September 25th. Pray for RoseMarie as she finishes up her preparations and picks up her ministry at Logos.
* Praise God for those who responded to our request in July to prayerfully consider supporting a special project. We are blessed and grateful for God’s provision through you!
Thanks for standing with us. We are honored to be Christ’s ambassadors in Cambodia to the Khmer people. If we can pray for you please let us know, it is a blessing to reciprocate your petitions before the Lord.
Have a wonderful week!
In His Bonds,
Daren and Jodi Beck