Thank You for your faithful prayers on our behalf regarding the paper work needed to apply for VISA’s for our Home Assignment. Praise God who can do immeasurably more than we can think or imagine! We have currently obtained all the requested paperwork on all of the children! We have been so amazed as we have seen God open doors that appeared to be bolted shut!
The Lord is teaching us many things about Himself, the Cambodian culture, and our own hearts through all of this. There have been various channels that we have had to navigate (village chief, district chief, and district police). Each channel has a gate keeper that levies “a tax” for services rendered. From a western point of view, this appears corrupt and unjust at times. However, from the Cambodian point of view, this is quite standard and actually a way to make a living. Therefore, when we go out and interact with the culture on a daily basis we must make a shift from our western thinking (that has become ingrained and a part of who we are) to the Cambodian way of thinking (currently still learning and adapting to what this is). We must then filter it all through the Bible and then choose to walk in the way that brings glory, honor and praise to the One and only King worthy of all honor and praise, by walking in His Spirit! Even after three years, this is still quite a task. It is difficult to tolerate, accept, and rejoice when being taken advantage of, simply because of the color of your skin. Please pray that the Lord would so work in our hearts that out of our trust in Him, our hearts would be full of joy and peace especially when we’re paying our ‘taxes’.
On Monday, BJ will be submitting all the gathered paperwork and a letter requesting permission to travel with the kids to the US, to the Ministry of Social Affairs for approval. After this approval we would then be ready to apply for VISA interviews.
Praises that we can celebrate together
* The Lord has allowed us to receive all the needed paperwork.
* We were able to trust and see His hand in every step we took.
* The Lord continues to show us and teach us more and more about Himself.
* This has been an excellent teaching opportunity to model trust in Christ, dependence on the Holy Spirit, and beseeching Christ through prayer to the children.
* We can now submit our paperwork to the Ministry of Social Affairs.
* We would continue to walk in the Spirit as we meet with Ministry Officials.
* We would have an open door to share the hope that lives within us as we meet with the Ministry Officials.
* A healthy relationship with the Cambodian Government as we continue working with them in the future for the glory of Christ and His kingdom.
* Wisdom and guidance as we prepare the children for the VISA interview which is conducted in English.
* Continued guidance and discernment as we make preparations for Home Assignment, including preparing the children for entry into a culture and life they have never seen or experienced.
To God Be the Glory,
BJ and Andrea Lopez