We are now officially in my favorite time of the year! A little over a week ago our family began celebrating the Advent Season. Jodi does a wonderful job of preparing our home and we all enjoy remembering the birth of Christ (Luke 2), acknowledging His real presence today in our lives (Matt 28:20) and looking forward to His imminent return (Titus 2:13). We pray that this Christmas Christ will be at the center of all your celebrations.
We’re especially thankful for you! The ongoing work here in Cambodia would not be possible without your faithful prayers and financial partnership with us. We covet your prayers and rejoice together in all that God is doing. Thank you for allowing us to share a few of the praises and prayer this Christmas season:
- Blessed to celebrate 19 years of marriage yesterday!
- Blessed by a wonderful Thanksgiving with our entire team (see pic below) – including the Anderson family who are ministering here at Logos for the month.
- Blessed by the opportunity that BJ and I had to spend some quality time with the young men of Asian Hope (see pic below)
- Blessed by the opportunity to continue preaching through the Gospel of Mark with BJ at Shalom Tuol Kork
- Blessed by the persevering work of each of the Shalom Mission to Cambodia pastors; continue to pray with them as they faithfully shepherd the Body of Christ
- Pray for the Shalom Christmas Outreaches – our first was this past Sunday (see pic below) and will continue every weekend through December! It was especially sweet to participate in the outreach at Shalom Pok Russei as we also dedicated their new church building.
- Pray for Action International Ministries – every year they trust the Lord for the resources to fund the global Christmas outreaches in each of the countries in which the Mission works. If you’d like more information on how you can participate please visit http://www.actionintl.org/
- Praise for the completion of the new Logos school building…..pray that the move would go smoothly over the Christmas break
- Pray for Nathan and Christiana Wells as they prayerfully complete their support raising and join the team in 2010 – http://actioncambodia.org/supportwells.html
- Pray for the ongoing ministry projects of Action Cambodia – for specific financial needs you can visit https://actioncambodia.org/get-involved/give.html
- Pray for Mikaela (7th grade), Kamryn (4th grade), CJ (1st grade) and Drew (PreK) as they finish up their semester. Jodi and I covet your prayers as we prayerfully shepherd them….we need wisdom beyond our capacity (Eph 6:4)!
Jodi and I covet your prayers as we press on with family and ministry life. It is a blessing to partner together in the Gospel ministry. We just sent out our Christmas letter via regular mail…it should be in your mailbox within the next few days. If you are not on our mailing list please let us know and we’d be happy to add you to our list.
In His Bonds,
“You have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” Augustine
PO Box 1178
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Youth Men of Asian Hope
Pok Russei Christmas Outreach
Shalom Pok Russei Building Dedication