I am preparing to leave Cambodia (tomorrow) and spend the next 17 days on the road! I’ll be making a quick stop in California before heading to our International Council Meetings in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It is a blessing to serve the Lord with almost 300 colleagues (missionaries) in 23 different countries around the globe through ACTION (www.actioninternational.org) . This annual meeting allows our leadership team to prayerfully consider what ministry God has entrusted to us and how we might faithfully push forward in His harvest! Would you pray for us and especially for Jodi and the kids as I’m away from home these next few weeks? Your prayers are certainly felt and we treasure the partnership with have with you.
I thought it might be helpful and encouraging to give you a short update on some of our areas of ministry.
· Andong Feeding Ministry – we’re so blessed by the ongoing work at the Andong Re-settlement Area. Pastor Abraham and his capable staff are now feeding 150 children every day (one meal a day, six days a week). Pray that they will see eternal fruit for their ministry. Many of you have faithfully given to this ministry, thank you!! Keep praying for the necessary resources to press ahead.
· SMTC – we will be partnering with HeartCry Missionary Society on March 1 & 2 to do two full days of equipping for the SMTC (Shalom Mission to Cambodia) leadership team (40 people). The topic will be Justification and Sanctification in the Life of the Believer. Would you pray that the teaching will be clear and that it will provide some great foundation for our church leaders?
· Wells Family – Nathan, Christiana and Ava are doing great. They are settling in well, having found a home and vehicle. Pray with them as they learn together about everything that God would have for them in the coming years here in Cambodia. Stay current with the Wells through their blog and/or our web site at http://actioncambodia.org/news/wells.html
· Mordecai’s Courage – BJ and Andrea continue to press ahead as they shepherd the young people God has placed in their home. When they arrived seven years ago (yes, it has been that long for all of us!) they came with the budget for a couple with no children. Their family has certainly grown and they need to raise some additional finances. If you’d like to participate with them by supporting their Discipleship Home you can check out http://actioncambodia.org/get-involved/give/give-lopez.html
· Translation & Publication – Fundamentals of the Faith has turned out to be a great tool for the local church. BJ is prayerfully considering printing an additional 3,000 copies (at $3 per copy). Perhaps you might consider making a special gift towards this great project?
· Summer of 2010 – our family anticipates being on home assignment this coming summer! Pray with us that we would prepare our kids for “re-entry” into their “home culture”. We’ll be looking to share our ministry with you and perhaps some new folks who might want to join our support team. As we firm up our itinerary we’ll be passing it on to you! While we’re away this summer we’re excited that West Hills Community Church will be sending a short term team here. Pray with them as they prepare and for the ministry they will participate in while on the ground in Cambodia.
· Logos – the Weiss family (sent by Action Canada) has committed to stay a third year at Logos. Both Dean and Leslie have been such a blessing to the entire Logos community. We’re excited to have them back and I know they would covet your prayers as Dean (he serves as the Elementary Principal) is ‘neck deep’ in the recruiting process for the 2010-11 school year. There will be several key openings on the school staff which we are prayerfully putting before the Lord (please pray with us). If you know of anyone who might be interested in teaching please let me know and I’ll be happy to send them in the right direction! You can always catch up with the school at www.logoscambodia.org
· House of Faith – Beth Andaya continues to shepherd the seven young ladies God has entrusted to her and we continue to be blessed by the partnership we have with Asian Hope. I’m blessed to have the opportunity to visit two of Asian Hope students next week who are now studying at The Master’s College. Pray specifically for Pov and Rachel. They are both seniors in high school this year and are waiting to see what opportunities they will have to further their education. Finances are a very real consideration for the organization right now, but we trust in God’s perfect provision! You can check out the latest news for Asian Hope at www.asianhope.org
· Shalom Phnom Penh Tmei – this is the English speaking church that is under the umbrella of SMTC. We continue to be blessed by the opportunity to shepherd those souls that God has entrusted to us. Pray that we would faithfully preach the Word, be true worshipers of Jesus and be a vibrant witness in a very dark place. We’ll finish up the Book of Mark in the next few months and look forward to beginning another exegetical series immediately thereafter.
· Beck Family – life has been anything but dull….we recently moved houses and are getting settled into a new place. It has been a great move for us, putting us closer to the new school but also giving us an opportunity to live in a unique neighborhood that is just full of ministry opportunities. If you’re interested in seeing our new place, I posted some pictures on my Facebook page. As always, Jodi and covet your prayers as we shepherd the four precious kids God has entrusted to us. Mikaela will be a teenager this month….Kamryn is soon to be 10…..CJ is an aspiring bug collector in 1st grade and Drew is ready to tackle Kindergarten in a few months J
Keep praying with us and remember to drop us a line from time to time! Thank you for allowing us to share a bit concerning what God is doing here in Cambodia!
In His Bonds,
"Trials, above all other things, have a tendency to distinguish between true religion and false, and to cause the difference between them evidently to appear." – Jonathan Edwards
PO Box 1178
Phnom Penh, Cambodia