In these modern times, the internet and social media have changed the way we communicate throughout the world. While there are many negative aspects of this technology, we also believe God can use it for good. About two years ago, we launched PlovPit.com (meaning, “The True Way” in Khmer and pronounced, “ploe-put”). PlovPit is a Christian blog with original and translated content from the Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Tim Challies and others. This year alone we’ve had over 80,000 visits to the blog and almost 150,000 Facebook interactions. In addition to this, we’ve distributed over 14,000 booklets with content from the blog (printed quarterly) to churches and individuals in Cambodia.
Your faithful giving enables this impactful ministry to continue while we are physically away from Cambodia, as Nathan is able to work remotely alongside our Cambodian translation team.
We wanted to pass along some words of appreciation from our Cambodian brothers and sisters who have been blessed by the website (translated from Khmer):
“Amen! Thank you God! This is a wonderful answer you have given to your child. Thank you PlovPit for this article. God bless you.” – Ranny
“I thank God for this article.” – Rady
“Thanks so much! I love this. Thanks God!” – Nira
“I really like this article. It has encouraged me and helped me to follow God fully. Thank you God for using your children to create the PlovPit website to encourage others through your Word.” – Sok
“This article truly has encouraged me. I need articles like this to help teach and lead me to follow Christ. I am so happy to be taught through this website.” – SreyHoun
We are thankful for all of you who pray for us, and give so generously. And we pray that God would continue to use these resources to grow His Church in Cambodia.
- For improved health, for Christiana as well as our whole family. John has had a strange rash since May, but a praise that Nathan’s cough has subsided.
- That the Lord would direct our steps as we seek council and guidance regarding Christiana’s health issues and healing for our entire family.
- For our children, who are feeling the burden of transition and for our new adventure in homeschooling.
- For the country of Cambodia, that an open door would remain for the Gospel, even during uncertain political times.
- Praise that we raised sufficient funds to print and distribute over 7,000 copies of three new resources in Khmer. View a video update here