Where is home? Recently, our middle child, Paton, drew a picture of his home. Well, at least he started to. He then quickly erased it and proceeded to draw a picture of his “homes”. One in Cambodia, one in California and one in Idaho. I think that summarizes our feelings this Christmas. Feeling torn between multiple worlds, with lots of mixed emotions. But in the midst of it all, remembering the One who left his heavenly home, to become a little baby, born to a poor family who didn’t even have the ability to give him a “proper” resting place for his birth. He lived, suffered and died, looking to, “the joy that was set before him” (Heb. 12:2). And so, as our family goes through a season of feeling displaced, our desire is that it would only serve as a reminder that this world is not our ultimate home. We have another city, an everlasting and eternal city with God in heaven and our place is there – and Jesus, right now, is preparing that place for us. And so our hearts begin to fill with joy, for our satisfaction does not need to come from having a place to call home here on earth, but rather it is found in the assured hope of a heavenly home. And therefore we aim to live our life, not for the here and now, but with our eyes fixed on Jesus and the joy we will experience in his presence in our future home. Our prayer is that you too have this eternal hope this Christmas.
We are thankful for each of you as you walk with us in our transition, and are so thankful for the open door to continue ministering to the Cambodian people in the name of our Savior through translation.
- Prayer for our family as we continue to transition to life in the States
- Pray that the paperwork for the Jesus Storybook Bible will be processed quickly so we can have the printed books shipped to Cambodia
- Pray for the various Christmas outreaches that will be going on throughout Cambodia; that many would come to Christ as they hear the Christmas message
- Pray that the Christmas outreach articles on Plovpit.com would be used by God to draw people to Himself
- Pray that our family would see improved health
Would you consider giving a special year-end gift to support our family and the ministry in Cambodia this Christmas? Each month we rely on the gifts of God’s people, especially as the year comes to a close. Thank you for your consideration and partnership in the Gospel!
Looking for some exciting projects to be a part of this Christmas? Check out our: