Shalom Dream Center is being developed in Sen Monorom, Mondulkiri as part of a strategy to reach all Cambodia with the gospel, including the least reached people groups. Beginning in the provinces east of the Mekong – Mondulkiri, Ratanakiri, Kratie, Stung Treng and Tboung Kmum – it will then reach into the whole of Cambodia and as God leads, into the surrounding nations.
Our Purpose and Vision
Today there is a challenge to the Cambodian Church: Our nation now stands at 16.3 million souls. The Gospel came to Cambodia less than 100 years ago – early believers were persecuted and few. However, since the overthrow of Pol Pot the church has grown from a few thousand to over 300,000!
However, even though the church is growing, it is in desperate need for discipleship, leadership training, and a deeper understanding of God’s Word.
- Our Purpose: Prepare the workers God has called to be effective in the harvest
- Our Vision: Create a place where this happens
The Shalom Dream Center (SDC) will be a community made up of ministries that serve and train the Cambodian Church throughout the region and, Lord willing, with an impact that extends to the whole country and beyond.
We hope that the Shalom Dream Center will be a model for similar communities in other remote areas. This will allow believers to be trained locally, instead of having to leave their homeland to pursue training in the city or abroad and perhaps never return.
- Church – for workers in the Shalom Dream Center and locals brought to Christ through the ministry
- Bible School – to provide relevant training that equips workers to reach the lost, especially the least reached, and serve the Church
- Retreat Center – a place with sleeping accommodation and catering for individuals and groups seeking quiet, counsel, prayer and spiritual refreshment
- Children’s Center – to facilitate outreach and teaching for all ages
- Medical Center – a clinic that provides reliable and affordable advice and basic treatment
- Community Center – a hospitable venue for locals to meet, relax and seek advice – further enabling us to have a positive impact on the local community
- Organic Farm – a small business that produces quality food for residents and guests
- Vocational Center – to provide practical training for students to earn an income and support themselves in ministry
- Sports Center – to provide recreation for students and locals, as well as to create a bridge for further outreach
The plans for the future of this project are great, but the potential rewards are even greater. The different ministries and the labour of those whom we prepare for the Lord’s work will ultimately make an eternal difference to thousands of lives.
Ways You Can Help
- Are you able to help finance the purchase of land and the construction of buildings?
- Are you an experienced Bible teacher or Pastor – able to pass on your knowledge to train the next generation of Christ’s servants?
We would like to talk with those who can join the resident staff or who can visit regularly.
- Do you have construction skills to work on, or supervise, the building work?
- Do you have farming, horticultural or manual skills to work on our small farm or teach students practical skills that will enable them to earn a living to support their ministries?
- Do you have teaching, medical, catering or children’s work experience and are willing to consider joining the Shalom Dream Center ministry?
Please let us know and we will find a way to get you involved!
- For all Dream Center needs to be met
- Students to become well equipped for the Word of God. Pray for their hearts and minds to be receptive, and pray for their good health and good fellowship together.
- Shalom Dream Center’s impacts in the community nearby. We want to be a blessing to believers and a light to unbelievers – drawing them to Christ
- The new church plant in Mondulkiri and others in provinces nearby.
- For the strength and wisdom in leading this new project for the glory of God.
You can view the latest news at https://shalommissioncambodia.wordpress.com/.